David J. Selwocki
As a partner at AsherKelly, David Selwocki represents multiemployer fringe benefit funds, businesses, labor organizations, trade associations, and individuals in all aspects of litigation and administrative hearings.
David has extensive trial experience and assists clients in all types of litigation—including labor and contract disputes, withdrawal liability, construction issues, negligence actions, and criminal law. In addition to appearing before various state and federal courts, David has represented clients before the National Labor Relations Board and the Ontario Labor Relations Board.
David gained invaluable courtroom and trial experience working as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Oakland County for over five years. Prior to college, he served four years in the United States Navy as a cryptologic technician.
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
- Michigan Association of Public Employee Retirement Systems (MAPERS)
- Michigan Public Employer Labor Relations Association (MPELRA)
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan, 1994
- New York, 2006
- Ohio, 2018
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2012